Tuesday 10 March 2009

Progress

The math exam is over which gives me alot more time to focus on the project. The methodology section of the dissertation is coming along very well and is now almost finished. I hope to have more done on it for my meeting with my supervisor later this week. 

Since I am planning on trying out a Fuzzy Inference System (FIS) within the application, I have decided to spend more time on my A.I. coursework for Dr. King as this also entails creating a FIS. I have been doing research on FIS's reading up on several academic and other papers which has helped boost my understanding of them. I have constructed the basic FIS class (minus a defuzzification method) and have been testing it out. While it seemed to work at first, it does not return sensible values for all of the inputs, therefore I will have to spend some more time trying to find out why. 

Had my first progress meeting today. I will post up my progress report later on today

No comments: