Tuesday 17 March 2009

Progress meeting

Had my second progress meeting where I explained why I have not achieved much the last week or so. However, now that the dare application and math test are out of the way, I am now able to focus more on the honours application.

Also had a meeting with Dr. King today. I have been looking into the Combs Method for the Fuzzy Inference System. The combs method cuts down the amount of rules required by a FIS to come to a result. While this result is not as accurate as the normal method, the CPU time saved is rather helpful. It saves resource use-age by reducing the amount of rules required from an exponential equation to a linear equation which would be very helpful as has been shown in the literature review section of the dissertation, ecosystems are increadibly complex and as such would require alot of rules.

The rest of tonight and tomorrow will have to be written off as I am attending the code works, jobs in digital fair which takes place in Newcastle tomorrow. 

However, since I now have a normal fuzzy inference system running correctly (still minus the defuzzification part) I have decieded just to go ahead and implement a normal FIS into the application and then change it later when I manage to successfully implement the combs method

No comments: